April Fool's Day is probably a bad time to make a major announcement, but I swear this one is for real. As of today, I am employed full-time as a senior type designer at Monotype Imaging, based out of our office in Salfords, a bit south of London. (I live and spend most of the time working in London itself, however.) I will probably spend most of my time for the next few months continuing to work on Indic typefaces, and doing a bit more speaking about type design and typography. And actually getting paid for it. Is that awesome or what?
Hooray! Did you know that I've spent the last few months whining about my work visa issues, and living back in New York while I waited for all this to fall into place? After working for two years on a collaborative project between Monotype and the University of Reading, and then waiting for the visa stuff to get sorted, I feel like I have finally completed the longest job interview of my life. I am relieved, and excited.
[Note: This is as good a time as any to point out that this is my personal web site, though, where I generally speak off the cuff, and occasionally talk some shit. Those opinions are mine, not the company's. Obviously.]
1) Miguel Sousa: Congratulations Dan. I'm really happy things turned out this way. Now back to work ;^) (Apr 2, 2011 3:57 PM)
2) Mom: We're very happy for you, Dan. You've worked hard for your success. (Apr 3, 2011 4:20 PM)
3) Christopher Chapman: Awesome! Congratulations! :-) (Apr 4, 2011 10:42 AM)
4) Marc: Well done mate! only just tracked the news. Good luck with your flatshare findings. Cheers for also answering my questions on Copse. (Apr 15, 2011 1:51 PM)
5) Lee: Belatd congrats! (May 2, 2011 5:54 PM)
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)
(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)