I decided to commemorate my latest departure from steady employment by getting an addition to my series of typographic tattoos. As always, the letters don't stand for anything, but are chosen for what I like about their abstract shapes.
In this case, I’ve overlayed a section symbol from the Champion Middleweight face with a lowercase g from ITC New Baskerville. I like the way each character has a different quality to its curves compared to the other.
1) Hecubus: Dan, so much better than a stack of green doughnuts... Do you remember we planned to get our first tatoos together, then I jumped the gun and got inked on my right shoulder while playing sick from work? That was a long time ago. Industry and intelligence is the way............. (Nov 15, 2004 8:34 PM)
2) Joe: Nice 'G'. Does this make you an O-G? I've been getting my first tattoo for about 15 years. (I have a slight issue with buyer's remorse.) Looking forward to attending WYSIWYG tonight! (Nov 16, 2004 10:37 AM)
3) Chas.: Yow! That is the coolest tattoo ever. (Nov 17, 2004 9:58 AM)
4) kayo: Cool typeface and cool tattoo! Wish I'd known about it when I got my boxing tattoo. (Nov 18, 2004 12:09 PM)
5) david z.: very, very cool. I really like the overlay effect. (Nov 18, 2004 2:02 PM)
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)
(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)